Re: [yast-devel] TimezoneSelector widget
  • From: Stefan Hundhammer <sh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 13:30:03 +0100
On Tuesday 18 December 2007 12:28, Stephan Kulow wrote:
But what I wonder the most: are my changes to core ok now for trunk? I'd
work on the actual implementation with zooming and drawing, but the
interface to ycp should be "ok" now.

So please review: svn diff -r43109:HEAD
http://svn.opensuse.org/svn/yast/branches/tmp/coolo/zone/core

Looks good to me.

But it might be a good idea to add a

private:
ImplPtr<YTimezoneSelectorPrivate> priv;

member to class YTimezoneSelector, even if it just contains a bool dummy. If
ever this class should require any real data, binary compatibility will not
be broken right away if that pointer is there from the very beginning.

It costs us one pointer (4 bytes) and a bool ( 1 byte + padding for the
struct), i.e. ~8 bytes per YTimezoneSelector widget; very few bytes to
prevent future binary compatibility breakages.

CU
--
Stefan Hundhammer <sh@xxxxxxx> Penguin by conviction.
YaST2 Development