Re: [yast-devel] TimezoneSelector widget
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 12:28:28 +0100
Am Montag 17 Dezember 2007 schrieb Stefan Hundhammer:
On Monday 17 December 2007 10:05, Stephan Kulow wrote:
The widget is rather useless as it does not have any kind of
valus or properties and that is what I'm wondering: what would
be a good connection to ycp?

I assume I need to send events if the current selection changes
and I could accept a given selection from outside - e.g. from
a combo box below. I guess through a property?

The semantics or such a widget are similar to a selection widget (like
combo box or selection box), so it should have a "Value" property that can
be queried and set, and it should send a YSelectionChangedEvent if (and
only if) "notify" (`opt(`notify)) is set.

If you subclass it from YSelectionWidget (which I strongly recommend), you
can reuse a lot of infrastructure.

I looked at it and couldn't find a single method that's useful for me. Unless
I want every timezone to be an item, which I consider overkill. So I
implemented the changedEvent, which was just one line.

But what I wonder the most: are my changes to core ok now for trunk? I'd work
on the actual implementation with zooming and drawing, but the interface to
ycp should be "ok" now.

So please review: svn diff -r43109:HEAD
http://svn.opensuse.org/svn/yast/branches/tmp/coolo/zone/core

(also my ycp code in the example :)