Re: [yast-devel] TimezoneSelector widget
  • From: Jiří Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:55:10 +0100
On po 17. prosince 2007, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Montag 17 Dezember 2007 schrieb Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett:
On Monday 17 December 2007 10:27:39 Jiří Suchomel wrote:
For a current time zone data used by YaST, see the file
timezone_raw.ycp (under /usr/share/YaST2/data or country/timezone/data
in svn). It's a map of regions, each with a submap of the time zone
names.

Why is this data in ycp format instead on some data format that can be
read from ycp?.

I remember someone using our timezone data from non-YaST, they had to
implement a pseudo YCP parser to be able to read it :-(

Or asked differently: is it possible to pass this map as argument to a
mod-ui widget? I couldn't find any taking a list or a map.

If that's possible, I would change the widget to have a list of timezones
wanted. So I would only display what's in that map _and_ in zone.tab - but
a map with any won't work, a map<string,string> would.

The current format of timezone_raw.ycp is probably not best for your purposes,
for example you probably won't need those regions at all (they were defined
by us just to ease the navigation, it's no standard). So I think for your
purpose I could pass a map<string,string>: time zone name -> translated name,
just like "Europe/Prague" : _("Czech Republic").

But I would not like to throw away the current map at all, because I assume
ncurses timezone selection won't be affected and current format with regions
fits well there.

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel

Lihovarská 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960