Re: [yast-devel]
  • From: Ricardo Cruz <rpmcruz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 14:11:24 +0000
Sex, 2007-12-07 às 14:50 +0100, Lukas Ocilka escreveu:
Hi,

The idea is to create a new Pattern Selector in the Installation :) This
Pattern Selector (or rather Software/Task Selector) could replace and
unify more dialogs in one:

* Unify with Standard Pattern selector in detailed software selection
* Unify with Desktop Selection dialog (needs a face-lifting)
* Add new High-level Software/Task Selector that would solve software
selection from the user's view: I want to use Internet, Do some office
work, Graphics...
* ...

Yep, its a good idea, and your implementation looks great too. :)

yast-gtk doesn't do HTML tables, and I know that the Gnome-CD uses
yast-gtk, but I haven't tried the CD install myself. Does it feature the
pattern selector? If yes, what would the fallback be?
This seems like something that could be done with a YMultiSelectionBox.
yast-gtk supports the icons property there. Try:
http://svn.opensuse.org/viewcvs/yast/trunk/gtk/tests/IconItems-MultiSelectionBox.ycp?revision=42515&view=markup

Cheers,
Ricardo

Other ideas could come. And I hope they *will* come also from the others :)

Bye
Lukas