Re: [yast-devel]
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 14:50:14 +0100
Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett napsal(a):
On Friday 07 December 2007 14:31:07 Lukas Ocilka wrote:
Hi,

I've just (partly) finished a Pattern-Selector proposal for new
installation/software management.

See:
http://en.opensuse.org/YaST/Development/Pattern_Selector_Proposal

Hi Lukas

What is the idea? I mean, what is it replacing and why? /me lacks context

Hi,

The idea is to create a new Pattern Selector in the Installation :) This
Pattern Selector (or rather Software/Task Selector) could replace and
unify more dialogs in one:

* Unify with Standard Pattern selector in detailed software selection
* Unify with Desktop Selection dialog (needs a face-lifting)
* Add new High-level Software/Task Selector that would solve software
selection from the user's view: I want to use Internet, Do some office
work, Graphics...
* ...

Other ideas could come. And I hope they *will* come also from the others :)

Bye
Lukas

< Previous Next >