Re: [yast-devel] New YCP module: Icon
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 14:33:47 +0100
Lukas Ocilka napsal(a):
Stephan Kulow napsal(a):
Am Dienstag 04 Dezember 2007 schrieb Ricardo Cruz:
I would rather you guys let the UI-bridge provide the icons as we are
in a better position to honor user's settings. Besides, we might want
yast-ncurses to do a colored frames, or do some vertical Warning label
or something...

So, why not adding some `warn, `error, `info to UI::OpenDialog()? It
would also make it nicer for YCP writers.
Btw, checkout `warnColor and `errorColor on yast-gtk. It will use your
style icon there.

Sounds right to me. The problem is always that a ycp solution is easy to do
for a single developer, while UI provides usually require 3-4 developers to
come up with a solution ;(

But I'm fine with the current solution too.

I've found that it's easier for developers to use Icon::$whatever
because it's better understandable for them and thus better-controllable.

Of course, Dialog (`opt (`warn)) can be more easily redefined by the UI
(ncurses don't support images but could solve it somehow else). I'd vote
for having such support in UI.

I forgot one important thing:

It's very common that one YaST scripts ones up a Wizard window (with
installation steps, for instance) and the rest of scripts, that called
by that script, just call SetContents/Buttons.

Warning, Info and Error icons don't need to be used *only* in pop-ups
created by UI::OpenDialog().

L.

< Previous Next >