Re: [yast-devel] RPM Dependencies in General (...and How to Fix Them)
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 14:35:00 +0100
Stanislav Visnovsky napsal(a):
Dňa Tuesday 04 December 2007 13:56:08 Lukas Ocilka ste napísal:
Dear developers,

==About==
Most of you have probably already ran into problems with
binary-incompatible YCP modules after updating to newer yast2-core. It
happens when new core is changed internally and it's caused by wrong RPM
dependencies in yast2-* packages.

==Solution in yast2.rpm==
Only yast2.rpm contained
Requires: yast2-core
but even that definition hadn't been enough. By now, yast2.spec.in
contains: Requires: yast2-core >= %(echo `rpm -q --queryformat '%{VERSION}'
yast2-core`)
(suggested by Coolo)

Hmm, so we cannot release yast2.rpm as maintenance update without releasing
also yast2-core?

We can release a new yast2.rpm as an update if the %{VERSION} of
yast2-core is the same as it was before.

But new yast2-core needs to rebuild everything. Well, maybe not
always... It depends.

That's why I wanted you to tell me your opinions :)

Thanks
Lukas