Re: [yast-devel] sw_single Acccessibility Category
  • From: Bryen <suseROCKS@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 08:01:14 -0600

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 10:53 +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Donnerstag 29 November 2007 schrieb Bryen:
We're working on figuring out what all the accessibility tools software
already exists. For now, we're looking at gnome.org's accessibility
documentation and then running searches in sw_single to determine
whether we have it already. But some tools listed in their
documentation is named differently on our end. For example:
gnome-online-keyboard in the documentation is gok in our repository.

We think it would be well worth it if an accessibility category could be
added so users could easily narrow down what tools are available for
download/already-installed.

Would it be feasible to add such a category? I would be more than happy
to compile a list over the next few months of such tools so we can
populate the category.

I think you're talking about a Pattern. And yes, we can easily add one for
accessibility. Just collect the packages needed and file a bug report against
component Patterns. If you can, both for KDE and GNOME.

Greetings, Stephan

Personally, I always look for software in categories. I rarely go to
patterns. Maybe your suggestion of going with patterns is a better
idea. I don't know. In any case, I appreciate your suggestions and
will open a bug soon and start adding to the list.

Thanks!
--
---Bryen---