Re: [yast-devel] Re: [opensuse-factory] Accessible installer
  • From: Marco Michna <konichiwamonsta@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 21:48:13 +0100
Dobrý večer,

Bryen wrote (shortened):

- One person identified needing sound output, and thus required someone
else to install openSuse before he could use it. He is in this business
professionally.

IMHO there is the possibility to use a hardware synthesizer during the
installation - but I'm not sure which devices are supported and how good this
is supported.

- In the opensuse general mailing list, there was a newcomer who stated
he used a braille terminal and was having difficulty installing
openSuse. He disappeared after that one night, so I don't know whether
he was successful or not. My guess is, since we haven't heard from him,
probably not. Unfortunately, I don't know braille nor do I own a
braille terminal, so it isn't something I can test out for
functionality.

The braille display is supported since SuSE Linux 7.0 and there also is a nice
community if you have problems. Maybe the user which you talk about didn't
come back to the general list because he found the english blinux
mailinglist. If thats the case then we need to do some advertising.

Here you can find the archive of the english blinux mailinglist:

http://lists4.opensuse.org/blinux/

In fact, AFAICT, building these features into the installer would
probably make Yast the most accessible installer the world has ever
seen.

It is already :) No ... I'm not biased :)

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings,
Marco