[yast-devel] Re: [opensuse-ux] Redesign of YaST Control Center
  • From: "Benji Weber" <b.weber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 16:35:25 +0000
On 23/11/2007, Thomas Goettlicher <thomas.goettlicher@xxxxxxx> wrote:
we want to redesign the YaST Control Center. Therefore we are looking
for a radical new design.

Please feel free to contribute with mockups and (unconventional) ideas
here: http://en.opensuse.org/YaST/Development/New_Control_Center

Looking at this mockup, it's almost identical to the "systemsettings"
kcontrol replacement (will be default in kde4)[0] and also I believe
the gnome app-browser.

I have not looked at how these are implemented, but using them for
YaST could be as easy as putting the YaST module .desktop files in the
correct places, and adding a few extra fields to the .desktop files.
If so this could be the easiest ever major feature to implement.

[0] http://bw.uwcs.co.uk/systemsettings.png

--
Benjamin Weber