[yast-devel] Re: Language::language (and maybe other variables / functions)
  • From: Jiří Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 10:51:10 +0100
These modules use Language YCP module:
add-on autoinstallation firstboot installation metapackage
network packager

First, I'm definitely not against moving whole Language.ycp or some its part
to yast2.rpm (if it is possible - I would prefer not moving the data files).

It could be good that other modules don't need to require yast2-country.
However, don't be so scared by this:

Language.ycp is part of yast2-country which directly uses (requires)
these rpms:
yast2 yast2-bootloader yast2-storage yast2-x11

is not entirely true:

- functions from yast2-x11 are used only when the package is installed.
There's no requirement.

- API of yast2-storage is used only during installation, therefore it is not
in the list of requires (but it's probably coded wrongly in
timezone/src/dialogs.ycp: the import of Storage should be moved into some
client to ensure it is not imported when yast2-storage is not installed)

Looking at the dependency on yast2-bootloader, language.ycp uses only
GfxMenu::Update call. AFAICS GfxMenu.ycp doesn't use anything special from
yast2-bootloader except the sysconfig agent definitions, so maybe this one
(together with cfg_bootloader.scr and cfg_bootsplash.scr) could be moved to
yast2.rpm as well?

Jiri Suchomel

Lihovarská 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960