Re: [yast-devel] yast ncurses mode survey, my 2 cents
  • From: "Frederico Recsky" <frederico@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 11:28:17 -0400
Hi,

On 10/23/07, Michal Svec <msvec@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Please, think of the sysadmins! =)

We do, believe me. The problem with sysadmins is, there are so
many different kinds of them ;-)

Going forward, we have to balance between the amount of effort
put into ncurses and its limitations compared to work spent on
a decent gui and cli interface.

The majority of powerpc servers don' t have framebuffer, to ppc
servers admin , ncurses is the best solution.

BTW this effort is not about dropping ncurses, rather we are thinking
about how to improve the YaST look&feel overall and here ncurses comes
into the game as one of the UIs.

And the question about if and how to limit ncurses compared to other UIs
or if they should be handled separately is just part of the whole effort.

I understand, but the basic configuration and server services must
work well in ncurses. :)