Re: [yast-devel] Re: [opensuse-factory] YaST2 SSHD Module - Call for help/volunteers
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 21:53:19 +0200

Richard (MQ) wrote:
Lukas Ocilka wrote:
Lukas Ocilka napsal(a):
I've filed some real enhancement request at this
http://en.opensuse.org/YaST_SSHD_Server/Enhancements_WIP wiki page.
So, either everyone likes the current yast2-sshd or nobody uses it. In
that case, why should we care :)?

Lukas,

I don't use it because:

(a) I didn't know of it until your message and
(b) I can't find it in 10.2 or 10.3 (*) - is it only in Factory (which
I'm not currently using)?

Hmm, what about the second DVD :)? or
http://benjiweber.co.uk:8080/webpin/index.jsp?searchTerm=yast2-sshd

Repository http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.3/repo/oss/suse
contains yast2-sshd (2.15.3)

(*) I'd expect SSHD config to be under either "network services" or
"security"? Is it hidden on a third level somewhere? Or am I just being
a bit thick?

I might well use it if I could...

You can find it under "Network Services" but it needs to be installed ;)
We were unfortunately unable to place it on the base DVD1 :( and so it's
also not in the base installation pattern. Of course, editing the
sysconfig file is still faster if you know where and how to change the
configuration. It's job for YaST to make it more user-friendly ;)

Lukas