Mailinglist Archive: wicked-devel (1 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [wicked-devel] Question about bringing up devices in a bond
Yes,
ifup resolves what do do and then forgets to send half of it (deletes)
to nanny and nanny does not "ifdown" the slaves causing to keep the
slave config in nanny.
Bug is open for this issue for a while (and it is on my "top 10" list,
just there are always some "high prio" bugs pushed to the front...).

An "ifup p5p2 ; ifup p5p4" before "ifup bond0cpc1" is useless as
the slave has to call "ip link set master bond0cpc1 dev p5p2",
that is, the ifup's configure standalone devices, not slaves.

Just use:
#add /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-p5p2 # <- optional [1]
#add /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-p5p4 # <- optional [1]
add /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-bond0cpc1
and then either:
ifup bond0cpc1
or
wicked ifreload all

When you remove all 3 configs, call "wicked ifreload all",
this should work and shutdown the slaves and bond down.

Alternatively, explicit "wicked ifdown bond0cpc1 p5p4 p5p2"
call will remove the slave config with the advise to enslave
into the bond.

[1] Bond slaves automatically get a "STARTMODE=hotplug BOOTPROTO=none"
config through ifcfcg-bond0cpc1, so ifcfg-$slave is only needed
when you want to set e.g. ETHTOOL options or similar.
The MTU and most other things set on bond is propagated to slaves.

The "ifdown bond0cpc1" is not all, setting down a master does not
automatically set down the slaves, e.g. when you have:

br0 { eth0 }
br1 { eth0.1 }

calling ifdown br0 would break br1 + eth0.1 vlan when down of br0
would also set down the slave (there are also another cases).