Re: [radeonhd] radeonhd does not recognize X1250 card and HDMI connector not recognized.
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 15:58:34 +0100
On Nov 29, 07 17:54:55 -0600, Matt Hoskins wrote:
On Nov 29, 2007 3:45 PM, Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Nov 29, 07 11:28:21 -0600, Matt Hoskins wrote:
Also, the HDMI and DVI outputs work using fglrx driver. I'm wondering
if the fglrx isn't using the information from the ATOM BIOS to
determine connectors present. I had to explicitly enable the monitors
using ForceMonitors and EnableMonitor Options in my xorg.conf.

Yes, this explains a lot! Broken connector table in the BIOS. We don't
have any workaround for that yet. You didn't happen to flash the BIOS
since you bought the board?

Argh! I did flash the BIOS with an update from Gigabyte to supposedly
correct a CPU detection issue. I did that upgrade almost immediately
after purchasing the the board so I have no idea if the BIOS that came
with the board had valid connector tables. I'll try downgrading the
BIOS just to see, since it never fixed the problem. I'll let you know
if that makes a difference.

According to google there are three(!) different versions of your
mainboard available, which actually differ in connectors...

BTW - the HDMI connector isn't detected at all in our driver yet, so no
wonder it doesn't show up in the connector table.

CU