Re: [radeonhd] X1400 and xrandr
  • From: Timothy Reilly <treilly1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 20:34:11 -0500
On Monday 26 November 2007 13:22:54 Matthias Hopf wrote:
On Nov 26, 07 12:31:20 -0500, Timothy Reilly wrote:
Hi- I'm using the latest xrandr and radeonhd gits and I can't seem to get
multiple monitors to work how I'd like. I can enable my external monitor
only as a clone of the primary one- when I try to set it as a display to
the left or right, X crashes. I have a Thinkpad T60 with a Mobility
X1400 and run ubuntu gutsy (so it might be a problem with the xserver-
it's not the current version.) Is this something that should be working
and I'm not finagling it right, or do you guys want some logs?

You have to set virtual like described in the wiki, but it shouldn't
crash if you don't. Can you send a stack backtrace from gdb to the list?

Well, shucks. There I go, piecing together my other machine so I can do the
debugging over ssh, and then I go and actually upgrade the software and the
problem goes away ;).

I haven't been able to reproduce the crash and dual monitors works fine.

Thanks

Tim