Re: [radeonhd] Re: xrandr: switching back to panel fails
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 02:22:54 +0100
On Nov 29, 07 20:17:53 +0200, Stefan Becker wrote:
Yep, separating the commands helped. See the attached log files.
Works like a charm now :-)

Thought so ;)

So do you consider this a bug in xrandr? Should I report it or do you

Yep.

already have an idea what's wrong with it and will correct it in git?

I already fixed the two most important bugs in xrandr. The general
design and the algorithms aren't exactly easy to understand (almost no
comments), so fixing stuff like that isn't easy. And as far as I
understood the code, it is easy to break in the multiple output case.

There was not test suite before, so one could easily add regressions.
Hopefully the test suite will help to not create any more in the future.
I'll try to create a test case for your calling sequence.

So you best report it on the freedesktop bugzilla.

CU