Re: [radeonhd] RadeonHD not working on Sapphire HD2400pro AGP card
  • From: Luc Verhaegen <libv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 16:41:21 +0100
On Sat, Nov 17, 2007 at 10:23:04PM +0100, Ruud wrote:

Hello,

As suggested in the Xorg.0.log to contact radeonhd@xxxxxxxxxxxx, here is
some data on my attempt to run radeonHD driver on my
Sapphire HD2400pro AGP video card.

When starting X the screen is actually switching to graphics mode
and my monitor control confirm it's running at 1280x1024 @ 85Hz

However, screen is almost all white and I see a lot of lines flickering,
after ctrl-alt-backspace most of the screen turned blue ?!

Attached Xorg.0.log file using RadeonHD driver as well as ATI's fglrx
driver.

BTW for some reason this card doesn't seem to support DDC (also WindowsXP
failed to get any info on the attached monitor).

Any help would be appreciated, or ley me know if I can do some debugging
or testing.

Thanks,
Ruud Linders

Maybe the EDID block of your monitor fails the checksum?

Can you try a more recent version of our driver and verify that this
problem still persists?

Also, you seem to be running fglrx from time to time. Did you reboot and
or powercycle after having run fglrx and before running radeonhd?

Thanks,

Luc Verhaegen.
SUSE/Novell X Driver Developer.