Re: [radeonhd] Separate mailing lists
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 21:36:07 +0100
On Nov 19, 07 13:19:47 +0100, Jean Delvare wrote:
Obviously, not everyone shares your point of view. I find it more
appealing to have a low volume list with just the info I need, than
a "high" (all relative, granted) volume list with much stuff I am
not interested in. When I start receiving many posts I never read,
I end up unsubscribing from the list, as my time can be used better.

Different usage.
But be aware that ATM this is actually a developers' mailing list. We
don't have a user or "announce" mailing list, just because the current
traffic doesn't indicate a split is necessary, and/or the user base
isn't big enough for a user mailing list, and/or we don't have any
releases yet, so no need for an announce mailing list.

This will change, eventually. Dunno when, though. Certainly not this
year any more.

CU

Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>, SuSE R&D, Zimmer 3.2.06, Tel. 74053-715