Re: [radeonhd] RadeonHD Linux Driver
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 21:15:55 +0100
On Nov 19, 07 17:46:34 +0100, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
I can't only change screen resolution. Is it possible with this driver
to change resolution without restarting X server?

Not with the normal modesetting. It currently forces you to use the
panels native resolution. This will change once we implement scaled and
centered modes.

You can try the initial-randr branch for RandR 1.2 support.
Beware, there be bugs.

When AIGLX is planned to be supported?
We don't even have 2d acceleration, we only have modesetting.

Read:
- First comes 2d acceleration
- Then comes basic 3d
- Then eventually comes AIGLX