Re: [radeonhd] RV515 card failed to output video on VGA port
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 16:29:27 +0100
On Nov 15, 07 16:10:09 +0100, Hans Ulrich Niedermann wrote:
Matthias Hopf wrote:
Your logs indicate:

RADEONHD: version 0.0.2, built from

Hm. We don't know which git version you built the driver from, which is
crucial for debugging. Be sure that there is git installed and you're
building from the source directory where you actually did the checkout.

I guess I screwed up there in some way.

I hope the following makes the git version detection more robust and, in
case of failure, easier to debug by sending along the generated
git_version.h:

Did you think of packaging git_version.h when doing 'make dist'?

CU