Re: [radeonhd] Initial RandR 1.2 support (for the brave of heart ;)
  • From: GerbilSoft <gerbilsoft@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 21:37:31 -0500
On Tuesday 13 November 2007 10:41:18 am you wrote:
- I can't seem to get it so that the VGA monitor is at e.g.
coordinates -1600x0, so it doesn't affect the contents of the LCD. My CRT
is on the left side of my desk where the laptop is on the right, so it
would be useful if I could somehow get the CRT to simply use negative
coordinates instead of having everything move over to the CRT when
switching to multiple monitor mode.

There are no negative coordinates. You can, however, move your panel to
the right (xrandr --output PANEL_LCD1/LVDS/TMDS --right-of VGA_CRT1/DAC_A).
Theoretically, --left-of should produce the same result, practically
there are some bugs lurking in RandR.

It seems that this is also an issue with the Intel RandR 1.2 driver. There's a
thread about it on the X.org mailing list[1], and it seems that it has to do
with the fact that LVDS is on CRTC 1 while VGA is on CRTC 0. The old
non-RandR Radeon driver had an option "MergedXineramaCRT2IsScreen0" that
allowed the Xinerama screen IDs to be flipped, but I'm not sure if this is
applicable to RandR 1.2.

[1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2007-August/027665.html