Re: [radeonhd] Initial RandR 1.2 support (for the brave of heart ;)
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 14:21:55 +0100
On Nov 12, 07 13:06:19 +0200, Felipe Contreras wrote:
On Nov 9, 2007 11:00 PM, Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Heho,

I have just pushed initial RandR 1.2 support into the branch
'initial-randr' in the git repository. It's no way sure it will stay
this way (might be completely rewritten), but at the moment everything
looks good.

With the fixes to randr/rrcrtc.c and xrandr.c I just published on the
xorg mailing list this implementation gets through the xrandr testcase
I also published there today just fine.

Still, I would like to have it tested before we even think about moving
this into the master branch, so if you want to try (assuming git 1.5 or
higher, and *hopefully* correct...):

git-fetch origin initial-randr:initial-randr
git-checkout origin/initial-randr
... configure & compile

If you want to work on the branch yourself, better do a
git-checkout -b initial-randr origin/initial-randr

And then please tell me what is working what isn't.

I tried and I just get black screen, and I never get output again. I
have to reboot.

Grmbl. Doesn't sound good. Please try:

- Set
Option "NoRandr"
temporary in the device section, just to verify that the driver +
Xserver in *principle* works. This doesn't change anything to the
driver in master.

- Try to run Xorg -logverbose 7 and check whether you get some
reasonable logfile. Post it. What card do you have?

- Check whether you can still log into the machine remotely when it is
dead. Check whether the Xserver is running (just no image) or not. If
it is running, also post the output of 'xrandr'.

Thanks