Re: [radeonhd] No X and Unknown card detected - PowerColor X1950 Pro AGP
  • From: Egbert Eich <eich@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 13:24:23 +0100
David Morgado writes:
Hi,
As the subject states X is unable to start.

I have this RV570 based card:
PowerColor X1950 Pro AGP

This card has dual DVI connectors and 512MB GDDR3, and a bunch of video
out stuff but that is not important for now.

The id is 0x7280:0x148C:0x2223
Xorg.0.log, conntest results and VBIOS dump fallow attached.

I hope I did all this correctly since I don't know what to expect from
rhd_conntest output.

Thank you very much for all the output!
You tried all different combos of monitors/connectors, weren't you
able to get X to start on any of them?
Your problem seems to be releated to using the DVI-I 2 connector
which seems to use the LVTMA:

(--) RADEONHD(0): Attaching Output DAC A to Connector DVI-I CRT1 DFP3
(EE) RADEONHD(0): RHDLVTMAInit: unhandled connector type: 2
(--) RADEONHD(0): Attaching Output DAC B to Connector SVIDEO TV1
(--) RADEONHD(0): Attaching Output TMDS A to Connector DVI-I DFP1 CRT2
(--) RADEONHD(0): Attaching Output DAC B to Connector DVI-I DFP1 CRT2

However TMSA on LVTMA isn't supported ATM. Luc is working on that.
In the mean time connecting the digital input of your monitor to
the other DVI-I connector (or using VGA) should help.