[radeonhd] Unhandled connector type 2 error on 2600 xt
  • From: "Bearcat M. Sandor" <sourcemage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 21:42:25 -0700
Folks,

I am the proud owner of a Gigabyte Radeon HD 2600 XT. I downloaded the latest
drm and xf86-video-radeonhd source code packages via git. Both are fresh as of
tthe writing of this email.

When i try to startx, i get the following:

(EE) RADEONHD(0): RHDLVTMAInit: unhandled connector type: 2
(EE) RADEONHD(0): Failed to detect a connected monitor
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

I posted the full Xorg.0.log file at http://www.feline-soul.com/files/Xorg.0.log

As someone suggested in a thread above this post, i switched my dvi connector
to the other port and i got no picture at all, even in the VT.

I posted the results of an lspci -v at http://www.feline-soul.com/files/pci

The Xorg.0.log states to run a conntest and submit that as well, but i was
unable to get it to compile. Doing a 'make' in the conntest dir just gives me a
no valid targets error. If i can get that compiled i am happy to to provide
that as well.

I would love to get this working. I know it's still alpha and expect problems,
but i'd like to get this running so i can help out with bug reports and such.

Your efforts are appreciated.

Please let me know if there is any other information or support i can provide.

Bearcat M. Sandor