Re: [radeonhd] RadeonHD - X1400 Mobility
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 16:25:48 +0100
On Nov 04, 07 11:34:25 -0600, Matthew Catney wrote:
Not quite sure this is the place I should be emailing this, but from
what I understand you are the ones developing the driver. I recently
installed the RadeonHD driver and and love it so far, but my problems
is as follows; When I boot up my laptop on battery, X freezes before
it completes loading. It will boot up and load GDM just fine but
after I log in it will freeze, and I won't be able to switch to a
console. Also, when I boot with AC power and then remove the power,
the back light turns off completely. I have found out that this is
because it seems to be trying to turn the back light to a brightness
level that that is unsupported. If I turn up or down the brightness
it will turn back on.

This sounds strange, and is probably difficult to debug. Maybe Luc has
an idea here.

I am also curious to know if XRandR Rotation is supported. I can't
seem to get the command to work, but when I view the Xorg.0.log, it
says that RandR is enabled.

RandR 1.1.
Multihead RandR is version 1.2. Working on that.

CU