Re: [radeonhd] LVTMA TMDS support?
  • From: Luc Verhaegen <libv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 11:41:30 +0100
On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 12:17:27AM -0600, raiden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I have an ATI Radeon X1600 PRO AGP which is a RV530 chipset and has a
VGA+DVI output on it. It seems with the latest radeonhd git driver, the
vga output works but the DVI out doesn't work.(to an HDMI TV(dvi->hdmi
cable)). I recently read on the mailing list that LVTMA TMDS support is
not supported yet in the radeonhd driver. Since I never use the VGA
output and only the DVI output, the radeonhd driver is currently useless
for my needs. The avivo driver(which supports all RV5XX series cards)
supports LVTMA TMDS and it works with the DVI output. Maybe it might be a
good idea to look at the avivo driver code to see how it detects it and
adapt it to the radeonhd driver? I am just trying to give some help to the
programmers.

This is mainly a resource issue.

I don't scale well as there is only one of me, and i will be quite
saturated the next few days. But part of the LVTMA TMDS work for r5xx is
done. All i need is a day or two where i can work unencumberedly :)

Luc Verhaegen.
SUSE/Novell X Driver Developer.