[radeonhd] RadeonHD - X1400 Mobility
  • From: "Matthew Catney" <matthew.catney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 11:34:25 -0600
Hello,
Not quite sure this is the place I should be emailing this, but from
what I understand you are the ones developing the driver. I recently
installed the RadeonHD driver and and love it so far, but my problems
is as follows; When I boot up my laptop on battery, X freezes before
it completes loading. It will boot up and load GDM just fine but
after I log in it will freeze, and I won't be able to switch to a
console. Also, when I boot with AC power and then remove the power,
the back light turns off completely. I have found out that this is
because it seems to be trying to turn the back light to a brightness
level that that is unsupported. If I turn up or down the brightness
it will turn back on.

I am also curious to know if XRandR Rotation is supported. I can't
seem to get the command to work, but when I view the Xorg.0.log, it
says that RandR is enabled.

System:
Gateway CX210X Tablet PC
ATi X1400 Mobility 64MB
Ubuntu 7.10 (This is why I am not sure if I should be writing to you or not)

I used the guide at Phoronix to install the driver on Ubuntu.
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=843&num=1