Re: New cdrwtool (trying to format too many blocks)
  • From: Peter Osterlund <petero2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 20:36:18 +0000 (UTC)
On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Peter Osterlund wrote:

> Maybe activating scsi logging will provide some clue as to what goes
> wrong. Here is a test you can do. Active the kernel config options
> "Verbose SCSI error reporting" and "SCSI logging facility" and recompile.
> After booting the new kernel, enable full scsi logging:
>
> echo "scsi log all" >/proc/scsi/scsi (as root)

Btw, this assumes your hard disks are IDE disks. If syslogd tries to write
the log file to a scsi hard disk, this test may cause an infinite sequence
of log messages. (At least I think so, I don't have any scsi disks to test
with.)

--
Peter Osterlund - petero2@xxxxxxxxx
http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340