Re: [opensuse] Both Thunderbird and Firefox unresponsive on return for hibernation
On 2017-02-14 18:35, Jim Flanagan wrote:
On 2/14/17 6:23 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Carlos,

This may not be your issue, but Firefox constantly and very heavily
writes to "recovery.js" almost constantly. I have not heard but suspect
Thunderbird does as well. These constant writes are wearing out SSD drives.

https://www.servethehome.com/firefox-is-eating-your-ssd-here-is-how-to-fix-it/

Basically, it says to adjust "—browser.sessionstore.interval". The
default seems to be 15 seconds. I'll try.
Does not match, I have:

browser.sessionstore.interval;15000

Unless that is precissely 15" ? I'll try 15000.

The other thing your link points at is saving cookies. That would depend
on the displayed sites, I guess.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.