Re: [opensuse] Reboot Fails After 12.1 64Bit Installation?
On Sat, 04 Feb 2012 11:27:36 -0800
Lew Wolfgang <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 02/04/2012 10:41 AM, Carl Hartung wrote:
IMHO this is a fatal flaw in 12.1 for new users to openSuSE. I
can't honestly recommend the system to anyone who will be
doing their own install. I'm not complaining, it's still a
great system once you get past the installation and switch over
to the nVidia tarball driver.

Regards,
Lew
Just out of curiosity, why tarball and not the nVidia rpm
repository?

Hi Carl,

I've seen the nVidia repository break graphics after a zypper dup.
It happened to me three days ago. The blob from nVivia
(NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-290.10.run) fixed the problem, after uninstalling
the repo RPM's and the neuvau stuff.

Regards,
Lew

Thanks for humoring my curiosity, Lew. I've had that experience, too.
Just, for some reason, I didn't associate their '.run' installer with
the word "tarball" :-) They plant a nifty 'uninstall.sh' in the process,
in case you ever choose to go back to the rpm, which I have also done.

regards,

Carl