[opensuse] Re: Reboot Fails After 12.1 64Bit Installation?
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 11:39:08 +0100
Le 04/02/2012 10:20, Jesse Palser a écrit :

So I burned the DVD, put a new HDD into computer and installed it.

I see only one disk in your specs, you removed completely the old one?

is it still seen by the bios (at startup)?

Installation appears to be successful, but when it tries to reboot
after install

the install include one reboot before finishing, is this that reboot that fail or the next one?

Anyone have any idea what the problem is
and how to successfully install openSUSE 12.1 64Bit
onto my computer?

usually give little problem - the nomodeset option is sometime needed (and adding it as default crashes other systems :-()

jdd