Re: [opensuse] How to re-shuffle disk partitions
On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 23:43:55 Anton Aylward wrote:
[...]

In that ideal world, I suppose, a /etc/fstab that exclusively uses uuid
might be immune to a renaming of the partitions in /dev/sd? terms.
But that's not what I've got with this client.

You could always recreate /etc/fstab to use the UUID's or labels and test that
it still boots OK and accesses all the partitions *before* moving anything
(with a backup copy of the orignal first, of course).