[opensuse] curious zypper suggestion
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 12:08:08 +0100
On 11.2, I am messing about with some apps that can easily die. Nothing
new there :) In a recent interaction, when an app crashed, I got the
following listed:

Missing separate debuginfo for /usr/lib/libXau.so.6
Try: zypper install -C
"debuginfo(build-id)=df6dcedfbde83400310437f8f22b91b8754d551d"

This was listed for each library used in the application. I do not have
any debug libraries installed. I am guessing this is suggesting that I
can get these installed with the suggested command. My question is: what
would this accomplish? Would it simply install the debug packages? Or
would it install some other useful debugging info?

Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Office: Int +46 10-615 60 20