[opensuse] Amavisd hostname problem.
  • From: Oddball <monkey9@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 09:53:14 +0100
Hi,

I have googled around about this, and found many people who had the same
problem.
I have tried all those solutions, but none works here with me...

Starting amavisd... The value of variable $myhostname is
"whateverisfilledinfails", but should have been
a fully qualified domain name; perhaps uname(3) did not provide such.
You must explicitly assign a FQDN of this host to variable $myhostname
in amavisd.conf, or fix what uname(3) provides as a host's network name!

Is the message i get.

i use serverversion 11.2, and tried every example listed when people
solved their issues.
/etc/amavisd.conf

Anybody with same problem that solved it please tell me, or don't tell
me... ;-)

regards,
Rob.

--