Re: [opensuse] kde4: 1.6G nepomuk/ (any way to limit this?)
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 09:30:45 +0100
On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 09:04, David C. Rankin wrote:
       I found the setting, now I'll kill it and see what happens. I suspect
I'll get some performance back. Hopefully that will help with the focus
lagging behind the mouse so bad. I use 'focus follows mouse' as the model
and it really seems like kde4 struggles to keep up. You move the mouse
across konqueror in detailed view and you can see the focus lag 1-2 files
behind the mouse. I'll let you know if offloading nepomuk makes any
difference.

With Nepomuk/Strigi switched on... I would see a significant
performance hit for about 10 minutes after a restart when it would go
and re-index everything it had already indexed. After that I never
notice that it's running.

That said.. I've switched it off, because I got annoyed by the 100%
CPU hit for 10 minutes after restarting KDE.

C.