Re: [opensuse] DisplayLink usb-to-vga - [Solved]
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 17:53:12 +0100
On Fri, 2010-11-26 at 21:12 +0700, medwinz wrote:

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I can make it works. The issue was me :-(
After checking the log I found out that the module wasn't successfully
built. So I download again
git clone http://git.plugable.com/webdav/udlfb/ and
git clone http://git.plugable.com/webdav/xf-video-udlfb/
reinstall xorg-x11-sdk, and rebuild the module.

Also I add in section "Files" in my xorg.conf

ModulePath "/usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/drivers"
ModulePath "/usr/local/lib"

Maybe I should blog about this one. Meanwhile I have some picture of
it in http://picasaweb.google.com/medwinz/UsbToVga#

Do they work as well as advertised? Is the display reasonably snappy?
The reason I am interested is that we have had a request to add some
remote displays in our vehicles. A solution that only needed a USB port
would make this easier. I wonder if/when they will support USB 3.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB