[opensuse] opensuse 11.3 display anomaly
  • From: Hans de Faber <hans.defaber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 23:21:24 +0200
AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 550 Processor
G96 [GeForce 9400 GT]

During a fresh install of 11.3 sometimes the installprocess stopped.
After moving the mouse or pushing the spacebar the process continues.
Not a insuperable problem sofar.
But after the install in the configurationfase I saw the
mousepointeranimation stopping and also the configprocess.
I had move the mousepointer continously to finish the config.
-----
When the install was finished and after a reboot I started the
systemmonitor. The symtemmonitor stopped and after a small
mousemovement or a push on the spacebar the display continued.
I switched off all disktop effects,logout login, but it doesn't help.
Systemmonitor or something else yast or so it doesn't matter everything
freezes until I touch the keyboard or move the mouse.
The only thing that helps is a reboot to 11.2.

Doe anybody have an idea wat this can be ???

Thanks, Hans