[opensuse] Recent updates disk usage
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <P.Suetterlin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 22:02:52 +0100

Hello List,

I just did a zypper ref ; zupper up.
Well, I didn't do the up actually, as it tells me

156 packages to upgrade, 3 new.
Overall download size: 267.6 MiB. After the operation, additional 86.7 MiB will
be used.

3 new files, (2 from boost and gimp-lang which actually uses 26.3MiB), so an
update brings 60MiB additional disk usage. Somehow I find this suspicious
(maybe I'm paranoid?) Or is this normal for Factory packages (I'm using the
KDE4 Factory Desktop repo and assume most of the increase stems from there).

Is there an (easy) way to find out where this increase coms from?

Just curious,

Pit

--
Dr. Peter "Pit" Suetterlin http://www.astro.su.se/~pit