Re: [opensuse] Confused by hard drive naming/position /dev/sda vs hd0 etc,
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 07:52:11 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2010-03-16 16:51, Per Jessen wrote:

I'm not talking about the possible difference of (e-)sata. I'm talking
about the same disk, labeled sata1 in the mobo, is sda or sdd if
another different cable has the disk connected or not.

If my fstab, grub, etc were using /dev/sda names, my system would not
be bootable everyday.

Okay, got it. Yes, in that situation, only mount-by-id or -by-label
works. Personally I prefer labels, they allow me to move a system
without updating the configuration (except for running lilo).

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (0.9°C)