Re: [opensuse] Practicalities of IPv6
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 01:36:53 +0100 (CET)

On Sunday, 2009-10-25 at 12:55 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

I was considering that most consumer/commodity ADSL boxes do not yet
support IPV6, so the provider can advertise IPV6 as much as he wants,
it won't cause a problem. That was what happened on my system.

Ok, but most organizations of any size are probably not connected to the
Internet via a commodity ADSL router. Every single organization I visit
has either a Cisco or 3com device.

And those I visit have a plain ADSL router, supplied by the ISP.

Some have a better router (Cisco, some of those), switch, proxy, etc, behind the adsl router. Some may have more than one ADSL connections.

It depend on the country, the organizations you work with or meet, etc...

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.