Re: [opensuse] Practicalities of IPv6
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 14:46:10 +0100
Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

It means that in the early days of migration (specially if people
are not aware of providers suddenly present a dual stack to their
customers) will find their network highly exposed.... (imho that's
the main reason for getting your feet wet early)
Is that a _real_ issue to worry about, Hans? If a customer is
IPv4-only, and his provider decides to offer IPv6 too without telling
the customer, I don't see that changing anything for the customer.
His network equipment isn't just going to switch into dual-stack just
like that.
For instance, my provider set up IPv6 on my ADSL line Thursday night,
and didn't tell me until Friday morning. I can assure you it did not
affect my site security at all.

Your provider has nothing to do with it.

Well, yes, that is Hans and I were talking about.

As for your scenario of a malicious user gaining access to my internal
network, well, that is not a genuine concern to me.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (12.7°C)