[opensuse] Practicalities of IPv6
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 19:02:36 +0200
Rather than hijacking Robert Days thread, I thought I'd start a separate
one on the practicalities of IPv6:

Co-existence:
if someone were to go IPv6-only, how is access for IPv4-only clients
achieved? Ie. if I move to an IPv6-only network, how do IPv4-only
clients deal with it? Do I need to do anything?

Dual-stack on ADSL - is it possible to have IPv4 and IPv6 on the same
ADSL line? (ignoring whether or not a supplier would support it).

Hardware - does anyone want to recommend an ADSL router with IPv6
support? We've been using Zyxel for the last five years, and I've been
looking at Zyxels 662, but I've grown a little wary of Zyxel (support
in particular). A new router would require solid IPv6 support plus
SNMP and syslog ditto.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (5.2°C)