Re: [opensuse] Yast Softare Management crashes
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 10:38:56 -0500
On Friday 24 April 2009 06:28:55 am Michael S. Dunsavage wrote:
On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 03:02 -0500, David C. Rankin wrote:
then disable any qt45 repos
you have enabled and downgrade all qt packages in yast by selecting
"repository
-> update repository" and looking for any qt packages shown in red

Except I cannot see the QT package manager and the ncurses one does not
show that informaiton.

It actually does, but it is out of display field.
You can use Left-Right cursor keys to scroll the list.
The list of packages should be in focus, using TAB.

Though it is very slow when list is long. It seems that it is updating
horizontal position of whole list, not only displayed part.

There is something to do before you start updating.
Set repositories so that KDE4 one has same priority as Update.

Software > Software Repositories
TAB TAB
Highlight Qt45. (up-down cursor keys)
Alt E to disable Qt45 repo.
Press TAB to go back to list.
(alternatively You can use Shift-TAB if it works for you, it doesn't for me)

Highlight KDE4.
Alt-P to change priority to the same as Update repo.
Here that is 20.

Alt-F to open refresh dialog
Alt-E to Refresh All Enabled
Alt-O to quite Software Repositories

Now, I would quit YaST, just to make sure that changes are applied.
Yesterday I hit the bug in GUI (Qt) where change in repository priority, made
by calling repository management from Software Management, did not change
priority before I quit Software Management and started again. In ncurses there
is no such option so it may work without YaST restart, but to be on a safe
side better restart all.

Go to the Software Management.

Alt-P to go to the search field
Enter 'qt' and press Enter.
Scroll list and mark all qt4 related packages for update.

--
Regards, Rajko
http://news.opensuse.org/category/people-of-opensuse/