Re: [opensuse] Can not boot OpenSUSE 11.1 - crc error - System halted?
  • From: AV <suseopen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 23:29:54 +0300
On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 9:39 PM, Ken Schneider - openSUSE
<suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Rats, the crystal ball has stopped working again. :-)

Try giving us more info:

32 or 64 bit install
what extra packages installed if any
what was updated

Could be a failing memory with a bad spot somewhere, try running memtest
overnight.

:-)

No, not memory. 64bit install, KDE4 and default pattern, but also
updated 146 packages. But, when I try to boot from DVD and select
repair and then try to boot my system I get error that there is no
root partition...