[opensuse] Re: Kde4 desktop
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 13:03:05 +0100
Rajko M. a écrit :

Desktop is now Plasma, the UI shell, not directory in the file system.

sorry, this mean little for me.

May be we should say (correct if necessary):

* Desktop mode: The Desktop folder is now a folder like any other. The
screen layout in desktop mode (how could one imagine a wording as
stupid as this one!) is held in ~/.kde4/share/config/plasmarc or
plasma-appletrc. One can add any folder on this new desktop, it is
seen as a window

* folder mode: now the background is the choosen folder. All the rest
is the same: if you have folders on the desktop, you have the same
ones in folder mode

Where are these non folder icons stored??

Non folder icons?

icons that are directly on the new plasma desktop

Checker is when you zoom out Activity

Activity???

Right click > Add Widgets, select Folder View and drag on desktop.
Put mouse pointer inside Folder View, right click and select Folder View
Settings, Show the Desktop folder, will give you all desktop icons in the
frame.

well... I can't place the plasmoid on the screen, they stick all
stacked one on an other...

Short help:
http://help.opensuse.org/kde4/

very short, indeed :-! I''l have to browse http://userbase.kde.org/,
may be more there

Longer help:
http://userbase.kde.org/Plasma/4.2

oh yes...

I recommend to install widget Activity Switcher, you will get easy switch
between activities, instead to go to top right corner, zoom out, select
another, zoom in.

I just discovered that program windows opened in one activity is present in
both of them, which contradicts the idea to have different setups for
different activities.

??

thanks
jdd