Re: [opensuse] WARNING! re latest update to OpenOffice from Novell
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 22:39:18 +1100
Joe Morris wrote:
On 01/31/2009 04:13 PM, Marcus Meissner wrote:

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 07:07:07PM +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:

Just to be sure, do not allow YaST/zypper (or even smart) to update your
(32-bit) 11.1 installation of OpenOffice to the latest version - leave
it at 3.0.0.9-1.11.

We did not release an OpenOffice_org update via our regular update channels.

Have you added the openSUSE BS OpenOffice org repo?

Ciao, Marcus

Yes, I am sure he installed from the 11.1 STABLE repo, and I can confirm
the 3.0.1 packages there do not work, something that was a surprise to
me as well. I installed the x86_64 packages, but none would start up.
Looking at versions showed some 3.0.0.9 packages still installed, which
when uninstalled it complained about the localization and not being able
to determine language (not good for US English). Reinstalling from the
DVD restored it without much problem.

So, you suffered the same fate :-( . Commiserations.

Ciao.

--
"I do not instruct the uninterested; I do not help those who fail to try. If I
mention one corner of a subject and the pupil does not deduce therefrom the