Re: [opensuse] Amarok and MySQL
  • From: Verner Kjærsgaard <vk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 10:37:56 +0100

Bob Williams skrev:
I'm trying to get Amarok 1.4 to use the MySQL database, and I think I've messed things up. I'm using KDE 3.5.10 running on opensuse 11.1.

Under MySQL Configuration, I've got

Hostname: localhost
Port: 3306
Database: amarok

Questions:

1. What is the correct Username?
2. What is the correct password?

Do I need to make any magic incantations to the MySQL god (or daemon)? I've setup mysqld to start at bootup.

I keep getting 'Access Denied' error messages, whatever I enter for 1 and 2 above.

Bob

Hi

install webmin. Use it to create the amarak user (if it's not root). Use it to handle users and passwords in MySQL.

--
Med venlig hilsen/Best regards

Novell Certified Linux
Professional 10035701