[opensuse] openSUSE 11.1-Repositories question
  • From: Jay Mistry <jaylinux53@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 14:31:48 +0530
I have a couple of questions about online repositories:

1)
Am giving example of the KDE repos (at
en.opensuse.org/KDE/Repositories) (HTML not allowed, so initial
h**p:// had to be deleted). But this question also applies to other
repo's as well.

What is the difference between:

- Version: Factory. (the first entry for a given repo, e.g. 'KDE
Core Packages', 'KDE Community', etc.)
- The specific version numbers for that repo that follow. (e.g.
each of the above repos has a different URL for openSUSE versions
10.3, 11 & 11.1)

I am confused whether I should add the Factory and/or the version-specific repo.

2)
What is the significance of 'Auto-refresh' & 'Enabled' in the YaST
Software Repositories module ?

Thanks,

Jay
==