[opensuse] Re: Who is using Gnome?
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 17:25:29 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 09:56:15 -0600, Robert Paulsen wrote:

For me, KDE4 looks to be not worth the learning curve. Since KDE4 forces
me to learn *something* new and less usable than KDE3 it seems worth
considering Gnome.

I'd be interested in hearing from those who use it and what their
experiences are.

I've been using GNOME since I was running RedHat 5.2 or 6 (I forget when
I started, but it's been a long time). Prior to that, I ran
Enlightenment.

I started using GNOME because it came with Red Carpet, and I was too
cheap to buy a RedHat subscription at the time - and Red Carpet provided
updates to RedHat for free.

I've tried KDE a few times myself, but found myself going back to GNOME
after a few days because I know where to find things in GNOME and how to
configure it. It's a personal preference.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson